[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 918: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 918: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Friendly Atheist Forums • View topic - GOD SAID - ANTHONY DAVID - OFFICIAL NEW MUSIC VIDEO 2011

GOD SAID - ANTHONY DAVID - OFFICIAL NEW MUSIC VIDEO 2011

Non religious discussions and general conversations.

GOD SAID - ANTHONY DAVID - OFFICIAL NEW MUSIC VIDEO 2011

Postby NotYou007 on 12 Jun 2011 6:48 pm

I've never heard of this guy until about 5 minutes ago. Great voice, song and video. I'm going to look into downloading some of his music.

If your god is so mighty tell him to fight me. Strike me down right now, just send a bolt of lighting - Greydon Square
NotYou007
Friendly Old-Timer

I am a/an: "Strong" Atheist

Re: GOD SAID - ANTHONY DAVID - OFFICIAL NEW MUSIC VIDEO 2011

Postby RevDrDigby on 12 Jun 2011 6:58 pm

Pat Robertson's intro explains it perfectly. This isn't about non-belief. It's a tribute to Satan!

The video is excellent, in my biased opinion.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. --- 1 Corinthians 13:11
Religion is the diaper of humanity’s childhood; it’s OK to grow out of it. --- PZ Myers
RevDrDigby
Friendly Old-Timer

I am a/an: Atheist

Postby Alantas on 12 Jun 2011 10:47 pm

God is for Authoritarian types. So they devise an authority they can project their views on (“God only speaks to me”) and cite that as though it were an objective, neutral source offering its unbiased opinion, which assumes responsibility for the decision so oneself doesn’t have to. (“You can’t put the blame on me; I’m doing what God said.”) And of course, that source is unassailable and therefore is unharmed by taking that responsibility.

(In other words, God is a sock puppet.)

Without personal responsibility, you get things like what are shown in that video.

This song is an interesting supplement to the thread the OP made alongside this one. An actual atheism song, and one that’s not just “about atheism”, but interesting in its own right.
Alantas
Friendly Acquaintance

I am a/an: Atheist

Postby NotYou007 on 05 Jul 2011 8:19 pm

Only bumping this because Hemant posted about it on the main page.

http://friendlyatheist.com/2011/07/05/g ... ony-david/
If your god is so mighty tell him to fight me. Strike me down right now, just send a bolt of lighting - Greydon Square
NotYou007
Friendly Old-Timer

I am a/an: "Strong" Atheist

Return to The Lounge